Parks Associates announces Advisory Board and Topics for third annual Future of Video | #TpromoCom #ParksAssociates #Entertainment #Event | Board members include executives from A+E Networks, Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, MediaKind, Reelgood, TiVo, Tubi, Verizon Digital Media Services, Viacom International, and The Walt Disney Company
International research firm Parks Associates today announced the Advisory Board for the third annual Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media, including executives from A+E Networks, Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, MediaKind, Reelgood, TiVo, Tubi, Verizon Digital Media Services, Viacom International, and The Walt Disney Company.
The firm’s COVID-19: Impact on Consumer Behavior and Spending reveals that the percentage of US broadband households subscribing to an OTT service increased to 76% in Q1 2020, while adoption of pay-TV services has flattened to 73%.
Parks Associates will host the third annual Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media, December 14-16, 2020, in Marina del Rey, California, featuring perspectives from analysts and industry leaders on viewer behaviors and preferences, the impact of economic downturns, and challenges for the video industry in meeting the expectations of today’s connected consumers.
“At this year’s event, we will be in a unique position to talk about the consumer shifts in video consumption as a result of the current public health crisis, as well as strategies moving forward as shelter-in-place and work-from-home mandates are lifted,” said Elizabeth Parks, President, Parks Associates. “Ramped-up promotional offers, free trials, historic levels of consumption, and cancellation of sporting and other live events have greatly impacted the video streaming and pay-TV markets.”
2020 advisory board:
- Lisa Aussieker, VP, Marketing and Communications, MediaKind
- Paul Cabana, EVP, Multiplatform Programming, A+E Networks
- Mary Kay Evans, CMO / VP, Marketing, Verizon Digital Media Services
- Andrea Clarke Hall, VP, Business Development, Tubi
- Kase Niles, Sr. Manager, Strategic Research and Market Intelligence, TiVo
- Dan Reich, SVP, Global Multiplatform Product Development, Viacom International
- David Sanderson, Founder & CEO, Reelgood
- Elana Sofko, COO, Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment
- Nicolas Beraudo, Chief Revenue Officer, Reelgood
- Kimberly Wilson, VP, Multiplatform Marketing, The Walt Disney Company
“We are looking forward to sharing our consumer and industry research tracking and quantifying the market changes as a result of the pandemic,” said Steve Nason, Research Director, Parks Associates. “Our consumer research this year focuses on pricing trends, new ways consumers are using video devices, and shifts in content consumption and preferences as well as pricing expectations following the bevy of free trial offerings. Our industry research and discussions examine the impact of changes in ad spending, changes in content windowing, and challenges in original content production.”
2020 Topics for Future of Video:
- The Next Phase in the Streaming Wars
- OTT Engagement Strategies
- Shift to Hybrid Business Models
- Short-form Video: Mobile First
- Video Livestreaming: An Exploding Market
- vMVPDs: Finding Success Between Traditional Pay TV and OTT
- Piracy’s Impact on Service Providers
- Rising Cost of Licensing and Distributing Content
- The Age of Video Aggregation
- Impact of 5G on Video and Gaming Services
- Data and Decision Making in Video Services
- Impact of Connected Devices on the Video Experience
- Rise of Ad-based OTT Services
- Traditional Pay TV’s Online Video Services: Shifting Revenues
- OTT Bundling Partnerships
- Video Distribution and Marketing to the Consumer
- Retention and Churn in OTT
At Future of Video, Parks Associates highlights in-depth consumer and industry research on OTT services, the value of content, technology innovations, and best strategies for building successful video services.
About Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media
Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media brings together senior leaders to share insights on new trends in the video and connected entertainment industries, with insights on consumer adoption, churn, and spending. The event provides insight into successful OTT strategy deployments, challenges for pay-TV providers, the role of connected CE in the growth of video viewing, new content formats, and the overall impact to the video market.
Future of Video addresses new strategies for cableco, OTT, and mobile service providers to provide high-quality customer service, retain subscribers and attract new customers, and design bundled options through new distribution strategies.
Future of Video takes place December 9-11, 2019, at the Marina del Rey Marriott in Marina del Rey, California. For more information, visit www.futureofvideo.us.